CERTAINLY THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN!
These dogs become overlooked in their shelter by potential adopters for many reasons:
- Perhaps they lack the so called 'cute and fluffy' factor
- Perhaps they are 'not the right size'
- Perhaps they are shy or undemanding in which case they get lost in the clamber for attention when someone comes to visit
- Perhaps they are old - many people are reluctant to adopt an older dog, however, they can make the most wonderful companions for older or less active people.
- Perhaps they have an existing medical condition - all our dogs are neutered and have full blood tests available. Some of them do have medical conditions, some of them very easily treated and we believe all the more reason to help them on their way to a new life
ALL OUR DOGS ARE CAREFULLY SELECTED AND WELL KNOWN TO US
We work with six long-established voluntary shelters in Andalucia (including a cat shelter) and carefully select the animals we need to help. We are currently promoting dogs but will in due course be promoting some cats as well. We know each of the dogs personally so that we know they are suitable for homing and to which home they will be best suited.
Left: Toby and Golfo are very shy dogs so we are working with them to encourage them and help them to enjoy life. They don't need much - just patience and love!
Above: Big Harry is a big strong boy about 8 years old. Here he is proving that you can teach an old dog new tricks! He has just learned to sit for his treat and to take it ever so gently.